Curt Olson, President of PCNHA, welcomed those attending (approx. 50 of our membership). A financial report was available to each person attending.
The program for the evening, provided by Dave Nichols, Vice-President of PCNHA, was on “Xeriscaping Plants for North Central Texas.” Dave introduced Donna Cole, a Texas Master Naturalist, who presented a wonderful slide presentation on xeriscaping in the Plano/North Central Texas area. She discussed environmental design and soil analysis (a free service through the Agri-Life Extension Center). Donna reminded us to consider the shape of beds before planting and stressed that drip irrigation is the most efficient watering method; however, if you do water with sprinklers or sprinkler systems, try to do so early in the morning. A couple of web sites that provide good information on xeriscaping include:
- PISD Academy – a 4-year high school on Columbia will open in August, 2013 with only freshman and sophomore students. Each subsequent year the school will add another grade until all four years of high school are attending. The majority of students will ride the bus in the first year (not old enough to drive), but we will see more cars as the school increases grade levels. The school administration has informed PCNHA that
- there will be an entrance to the school off Alma which should divert the majority of traffic away from our neighborhood and
- there should be adequate parking at the school for students and faculty so it appears that there will be no need for anyone to park in Pitman Creek North neighborhood.
- Haggard Farm Planned Development Project – Toll Brothers plans to begin development in June, 2012, with models ready in spring, 2013.
- Park Blvd. intersection construction @ Alma & Custer – Adding additional turn lanes is scheduled for June, 2012 start up.
- As follow up, the Board will be checking into a homeowner question regarding low water pressure since new water meters were installed in Pitman Creek North.
The annual election of Board of Directors for 2012-13 was held with the following individuals elected at large: Denise Gooding, Kathleen Martin, Lyle Moyer, Dave Nichols, Curt Olson, Lori Peck, Chuck Webster. A follow-up meeting was scheduled for May 17, 2012 to determine which officer position each person would fill.