The 2017 Annual PCNHA General Meeting was held at Plano ISD Academy High School (just east of Pitman Creek North subdivision) at 7:00 p.m. Prior to the meeting, all interested PCNHA members were given a tour of Plano ISD Academy High School.
Dave Nichols, President, opened the meeting at 7:00 p.m., welcoming all. He gave various facts about the beginnings of our neighborhood and how the HOA began.
Dave presented a review of the fiscal year:
- He addressed the dead wiring in our main entrance. The Oncor option of running electricity in that area would cost approximately $20,000.00.
- Solar power seems to be the best option. Dave has obtained two bids. One company was not interested in such a small job. The other company estimated $8,000.00.
- Dave asked from input from fellow HOA’ers for ideas. A subdivision close to us has some solar panels at their entrance and this will be investigated.
Dave honored exiting HOA board members Bill (Vice-President) and Lynn (deceased, Welcome Wagon Chair) Humble and Vicki Blakley (Landscaping Chair) for all their hard work and efforts in the neighborhood.
New and current members were introduced:
- Dave Nichols – President
- Clifford Cockrell – Incoming Vice President
- John Kowtun – Incoming At-Large
- Jim McGuire – Treasurer
- Kathleen Martin – Communications
- Susan Nichols – Membership
- Denise Gooding – Activities
- Claudia McGuire – Secretary
- Tom Martin – Crime Watch Chair
- Jane Tecklenburg – Yard of the Month Chair
- Landscaping Chair – open position at this time
Jim McGuire distributed copies of the 2017 Financial Report for review.
Kathleen Martin reported on the new Facebook PCN group page. Question was raised regarding Next Door and Kathleen responded that we use both our site and Next Door.
Denise Gooding reported on activities in the neighborhood:
- Picnic in the Park is Saturday, May 13 at Hackberry Park
- Fall Festival will be in October
- Book Club meets 3rd Tuesday of each month and all are invited
- Supper Club is 1st Tuesday of each month at local restaurants
Susan Nichols reported on membership. For the 2016-2017 fiscal year, 50% of the neighborhood are members. The 2017-2018 fiscal year runs from June 1, 2017 through May 31, 2018 and memberships are now being accepted.
Tom Martin gave a crime watch update. Be watchful. Look out for one another. Know your neighbors. Don’t be afraid of calling the police if needed. Questions arose regarding problem with solicitors. It was suggested that we could put a NO SOLICITING sticker on the membership yard signs for next year.
Jane Tecklenburg gave a Calloway’s Yard of the Month update including new procedures that Calloway’s requires.
Guest speaker for the meeting was Officer Bianez, from the Plano Police Department. He talked about neighborhood and personal safety including:
- Neighborhood Watch – get to know your neighbors, report suspicious activity, don’t investigate suspicious activity yourself and don’t apprehend. Call the police.
- Hardening the Target – Check your doors and windows. Available options for making your home more secure include installing cameras, the Ring brand doorbell, improving deadbolts, window security laminate and I.D.’ing your belongings.
- Other notes: If you see something, say something. You don’t have to be sure. Trust your instincts. Always report suspicious people, vehicles or circumstances. That is what the police are here for.
The new 2017-2018 PCNHA Board of Directors and Chair Positions were voted in by the members.
Dave Nichols thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting.